IAA Hosts Regional Seminar in Azerbaijan
The IAA Fund and the Eurasia and Middle East Subcommittees of the Advice and Assistance Committee organized a regional seminar in Baku, Azerbaijan, to support the development of actuarial education and the profession in the region.
The seminar led by the IAA and the Actuarial Association of Azerbaijan, took place on September 28-29, and was attended by more than 90 participants from 16 countries of the region: Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Macedonia, Moldova, Qatar, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Ukraine and Uzbekistan. The IAA Fund provided bursaries for 12 participants.
Mr. Namig Khalilov, Head of the State Insurance Supervision Service, and Mr. Elman Mehdiyev, Chairman of the State Social Protection Fund, offered opening remarks for the seminar.
Other presentations included:
- Introduction to the International Actuarial Association and the Eurasia and Middle East Subcommittee: Tarmo Koll
- Professionalism: Tarmo Koll
- Financing Health Insurance: Ibrahim Muhanna
- Strategic Asset Allocation under changing market environment: Stuart Jarvis
- Pension reforms in Kazakhstan: Nariman Khudaibergenov
- Solvency II: Tarmo Koll
- Financial Sustainability of Pension Systems: Ibrahim Muhanna
- International Practice on Calculation of insurance reserves and shares of reinsurers in insurance reserves for non-life insurance: Vladimir Novikov on behalf of Andrey Safonov
- Implementation of IAA principles within the local legislation: the Russian experience: Vladimir Novikov
This activity contributes towards achieving the IAA’s strategic objective to support the development, organization and promotion of the actuarial profession in areas of the world in which it is not present or is not fully developed.
To learn more about the work of the IAA Fund, contact its Chief Executive, care of the Secretariat.
IAA Regional Seminar in Baku, Azerbaijan