The IAA Life Section (IAALS) was created in November 19, 2005 and officially formed during the 2006 International Congress of Actuaries in Paris. Its mission is to promote actuarial research and the exchange of knowledge in the field of life insurance around the world.
IAALS intends to pursue its mission through:
- Research in the life insurance field
- Promotion of new research among academics and practicing actuaries
- Promulgation and access of current research
- Exchange of information knowledge and views in academia and practice
- Provision of networking opportunities and cross-border networking
IAALS regularly organizes colloquia as well as free webcasts on a topic of interest to its membership. IAALS has also created a constantly updated electronic library of life insurance papers. As an additional benefit, members receive a copy of the ASTIN Bulletin - The Journal of the IAA - three times per year and access to www.actuview.com, the international streaming platform for actuaries.
In order to encourage the submission of life papers to the ASTIN Bulletin, an IAALS Prize for the best life insurance contribution has been established.