November 25, 2021
09:30 - 10:30 EST (click here to check your local time)
As an important step in the ongoing review process of Solvency II, the EU-Commission published in September 2021 their proposals to amend the framework. These proposals still need approval by the EU Parliament and the Council.
The objective of this webinar is to inform participants of the most relevant amendments which might affect the tasks of actuaries. The Commission follows widely the technical advice provided by the EIOPA (European Insurance and Occupational Pension Authority). This advice considers the feedback of stakeholders provided during the last years on several consultation papers. The Actuarial Association of Europe (AAE), as one of these stakeholders, has also responded to all of these consultations and raised concerns over some of the planned changes.
During the webinar, Commission’s proposals will be discussed and were appropriately contrasted with AAE’s views and concerns.
Siegbert Is a member of the German Actuarial Association (DAV) and a Certified Enterprise Risk Actuary (CERA). From the outset in 2002, he has chaired the Solvency II Life working group of the DAV until 2013, when he took over the role as a Project Manager of AAE’s Solvency II Project.
He has been the Responsible Actuary for two Life Insurance Companies in Germany. In more than 30 years with ERGO and the predecessor companies he has performed executive functions in accounting, tariffing, economic valuation, and deriving and controlling of actuarial assumptions. In 2013, he started partly working for the DAV especially dealing with Solvency II and international issues. After retiring in February 2016, he is still chairing AAE’s Solvency II working group as a self-employed actuary.
- I am a member of an IAA Section: This category applies to individuals whose membership with an IAA Section expires December 31, 2021 or later.
- I am subscribing to the IAALS Section today: By choosing this option, you will receive IAALS member benefits until December 31, 2022.
- You must be signed into your IAA account to register.
- To complete your registration, click the "Proceed to check-out" button and lastly click on the "Submit" button to complete your order.
- Once successfully registered, you will receive an automated response with your individual Zoom link to add to your personal calendar.
- In addition to the Zoom link, you will also receive a confirmation email from the IAA Secretariat.
- If you need assistance with your registration; please contact Anne Lamarche, Meeting Manager.
Create an account