International Actuarial Note on IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts
October 18, 2021*
03:00 - 04:00 EDT (click here to check your local time)
*This webinar will be held twice to accommodate different time zones. Please click here to view the next session.
This webinar will present the recently released International Actuarial Note on IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts, developed by the IAA's Insurance Accounting Committee.
Over the past 20 years, the IAA has given significant input to the development of the International Financial Reporting Standard 17, Insurance Contracts (IFRS 17) and has gained significant insight into the challenges and key approaches of reporting under IFRS 17 and the role of the actuary in that reporting process. IAN 100 serves to familiarize actuaries with approaches that might be taken and to demonstrate how the actuarial profession might approach the application of IFRS 17 to improve quality, credibility and public confidence in information disclosed and recognized in financial statements prepared in compliance with IFRS 17, thereby serving the public interest.
IAN 100 is based on the Standard issued in May 2017 and the amendments published in June 2020. It also reflects some of the discussions at the Transition Resource Group (TRG) meetings held in 2018 and 2019. This IAN will be reviewed periodically and may be revised in the future to reflect any future changes to the standard by International Accounting Standards Board (IASB).
Brendan is a partner at EY based in Sydney, Australia. He is co-vice chair of the International Actuarial Association’s Insurance Accounting Committee and is actively involved in the interpretation and application of the new insurance contracts accounting standard, IFRS 17, through a number of professional and industry roles.
Dave is an actuary specialising in international insurance accounting, regulatory and supervisory issues. He has over 40 years’ experience working predominantly in the UK and Australia, but also, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Derek is the current chair of the Insurance Accounting Committee and was joint chair of the groups that developed IAN 100. He was also a member of both the IAA’s ISAP4 and IFRS17 task forces. Prior to his retirement, Derek was a partner of Deloitte LLP in the UK and latterly Canada and is now a non-executive Director.
- You must be signed into your IAA account to register. If you do not have one, click "Create an account" below. There is no cost to create one.
- To complete your registration, click the "Proceed to check-out" button and lastly click on the "Submit" button to complete your order.
- Once successfully registered, you will receive an automated response with your individual Zoom link to add to your personal calendar.
- In addition to the Zoom link, you will also receive a confirmation email from the IAA Secretariat.
- If you need assistance with your registration; please contact Anne Lamarche, Meeting Manger.