Purpose and Role
The OECD Subcommittee is a joint subcommittee of the Pensions and Employee Benefits (PEBC) and the Insurance Regulation (IRC) committees. Its purpose is to co-ordinate joint IAA and OECD activities.
The IAA/OECD Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) will serve as a framework for the subcommittee in carrying out its role. Its tasks will be to:
- Review the MOU on a regular basis, suggest changes when appropriate and discuss renewal at the end of the specified term;
- Evaluate OECD initiatives from an actuarial perspective;
- Determine whether the IAA can provide actuarial input and assign to relevant IAA delegate;
- Ensure that the IAA is represented at relevant OECD meetings and seek OECD participation in IAA events, where relevant;
- Exchange information on respective activities, subject to the Parties’ respective rules on the classification of information;
- Establish informal joint discussion groups or task forces, as required; and
- Help organize joint events and work on joint projects, where appropriate.