Purpose & Scope
In line with a number of the strategic objectives of the IAA, the IFRS17 CTF will coordinate the IFRS17 related activities of the various bodies of the IAA by:
- facilitating discussions on matters of common interest in order for the IAA to deliver its output by using the most efficient means and in a coordinated manner; such deliveries could include ISAPs; IANs; discussion and position papers; monographs; promotional brochures and events; physical seminars and similar events; webinars; public statements; and similar output;
- proposing marketing and promotional activities, by the IAA, in relation to IFRS17 and the role of the actuary under IFRS17;
- proposing activity to be executed joint by the IAA and the IASB (or the Foundation) for delivering promotional materials, seminars, webinars, etc.;
- proposing certain actions for the IAA bodies to consider while they are fulfilling their respective ToRs;
- providing information flow between such bodies about their respective activities related to IFRS17; and
- escalating any potential issues that needs the attention of the EC.
The IFRS17 CTF will respect the ToRs of the various bodies of the IAA and it will not interfere with the internal operation of such bodies.