Young Actuaries World Cup
The Young Actuaries World Cup (YAWC) is a friendly global competition between young actuaries (under 35) with the following objectives:
1. Engage young actuaries on topical issues;
2. Provide an opportunity for young actuaries to showcase their skills under the framework of the profession's premier global event: the International Congress of Actuaries (ICA); and
3. Ensure that younger generations see themselves represented within the IAA and its member associations.
Watch the video. What is this about!
|| Young Actuaries World Cup Rules Book - Where you will find all the details of the competition!
The YAWC theme is aligned with the ICA 2023 theme: "Bridge to Tomorrow"
Participants can make their own interpretation of the theme which could cover issues such as but not limited to:
- New Areas in which actuarial skills are being used.
- How actuaries can contribute to a better society.
- Innovative ways of tackling some big issues.
- The opportunities and limits of data analytics and AI.
- Formula or mathematical equation: could be an innovative design or a new usage.
- Product : present a new product or give to an existing one a new usage or new features, etc.
- Data Analytics: provide insights into how data is analyzed or the results that derive from that.
- Climate issues: how can actuaries contribute to knowledge in this area.
1. Being born after June 1st, 1988.
2. Being a member of any Full or Associate Member Association of the IAA.
3. Create a video no longer than 7 minutes developing the topic you will address related to the theme of the competition.
4. On or before 31st October 2022 at 8am ET, submit your video to firstname.lastname@example.org from the IAA Secretariat including all the information outlined in the Rules Book!
Language: English. However, the IAA values inclusiveness and the level of English used by the participants shall not be considered by the judges. Participants may subtitle their videos to ensure understanding.
Note: An initial review of all videos will be made to ensure appropriateness. All participating videos will be posted on the IAA YouTube channel and actuview/actupool. Finalists videos will also be posted on the ICA 2023 platform.
1. August 8th, 2022: Competition opens to all young actuaries interested to submit videos with their views about "Bridge to Tomorrow"
2. October 31st, 2022: Last day to submit your video to be part of the 1st Young Actuaries World Cup Competition.
3. December 8th, 2022: Announcement of quarter finalists.
4. January 2023: Quarter-Finals competition per Continental Zone.
5. January 31st, 2023: Announcement of Semi-Finalists.
6. February 9th, 2023: Last day to submit potential video update.
7. February 2023: Semi-Finalists competition.
8. March 31st, 2023: Four Finalists Announcement.
9. May 22nd, 2023: Deadline for finalists to submit potential video update.
10. May 28th, 2023: Start of the ICA.
11. May 31st, 2023: ICA Closing Ceremony - World Champion Announcement.
We are looking forward to your submission!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Karla Zuniga (email@example.com) at the IAA office.
|Organized by in cooperation with