Mortality Working Group
Insights about the level of mortality rates around the world, and the trends of future rates of mortality, have never been more important. While mortality rates are declining in most countries, in other countries they are stable and in some instances are even increasing. Rates of mortality affect many aspects of society.
The following pages provide information about areas of investigation by the Working Group.
Areas of investigation
- Cause of Death
- Mortality of Disabled People
- Financial Products
- Healthy Longevity
- International Mortality Experience Study (Society of Actuaries)
- Old Age Mortality, Heterogeneity and Frailty
- Pensions and Annuity Reserving Assumptions
- Projection Techniques
- Social and Demographic Stratification
- Sources of Mortality Data Worldwide
- Trends and Uncertainty
- Other Sources of Information
The members of the IAA Mortality Working Group are listed on the IAA web site www.actuaries.org/Mortality. Please feel free to contact any member of the Working Group with any requests for information by emailing: email@example.com
We would be particularly interested in receiving advice of any papers, research or studies that you consider worthy of inclusion in our information base.