Population Issues (Working Group)
Joint Population Issues and Mortality Working Groups
The Population Issues Working Group and the Mortality Working Group of the International Actuarial Association (IAA) are very pleased to jointly offer a Seminar on Current Developments in Aging and Mortality in conjunction with the IAA Council and Committee meetings in Budapest.
For more details about the Seminar and the agenda please refer to the program here.
The Seminar is open to all. Please click on the following link to register: https://www.actuaries.org/EVENTS/Meetings/budapest2017/
- Retirement Age Seminar –
14 October 2015
- Draft report on actuarial, social and economic impacts of the changes in the eligibility age for retirement — Assia Billig, Sam Gutterman, Morteza Aalabaf and Martin Stevenson
- Living to 100… would Canadian pensions be sustainable? — Jean-Claude Ménard, Chief Actuary, Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (Canada).
- Changes to the UK Retirement System — Chris Daykin, former Chief Actuary, Government Actuary’s Department (UK).
- Some Downsides to Increasing Eligibility Ages — Bruce Kennedy, Executive Director, BC College Pension Plan, BC Teachers’ Pension Plan, and BC Public Service Pension Plan (Canada).
- The Impacts of Increasing the OAS/GIS Eligibility Age on the Public and Public Services in Canada — Brad Underwood, Director, Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations, BC Ministry of Finance and Trustee, BC Teachers’ Pension Board (Canada).
- Changing the State Pension age in response to demographic developments: a UK perspective - Martin Lunnon 14 October 2015
- Determination of Retirement and Eligibility Ages: Actuarial, Social and Economic Impacts - March 2016 - This Paper has been produced by the Population Issues Working Group of the Scientific Committee of the IAA.We extend our sincere thanks to the members of the drafting team: Morteza Aalabaf-Sabaghi, Yair Babad, Assia Billig, Sam Gutterman and Martin Stevenson
- Why actuaries are Interested in population issues and why other organisations interested in population Issues should talk to actuaries, by Assia Billig and Adrian Gallop
» Recorded presentation by Assia Billig at the International Congress of Actuaries, Washington, DC, USA on March 31, 2014
- International Actuarial Association Social Security Committee, Population Issues Working Group, Alvaro Castro Gutierrez, Geneva, September 2010