International Actuarial Association
Founded in 1895, and reformed in 1998 with a new constitution, the International Actuarial Association (IAA) is the worldwide association of professional actuarial associations, with a number of special interest sections for individual actuaries. The IAA exists to encourage the development of a global profession, acknowledged as technically competent and professionally reliable, which will ensure that the public interest is served. Read More...
The actuarial profession is recognized worldwide as a major player in the decision-making process within the financial services industry, in the area of social protection and in the management of risk, contributing to the well-being of society as a whole.
The mission of the IAA, as the worldwide organization of actuarial associations, is:
to represent the actuarial profession and promote its role, reputation and recognition in the international domain; and
- to promote professionalism, develop education standards and encourage research, with the active involvement of its Member Associations and Sections, in order to address changing needs.
- News Release: November 19, 2015 – IAA Hosts Regional Seminar in Thailand
- Actuaries Support Commitments in Paris to Address Climate Change (Français)
- Released for Comment: IPSASB Consultation Paper on Recognition and Measurement of Social Benefits (Consultation Paper Summary) (deadline 31 January 2016)
- Vancouver Special Newsletter — October 2015
- November 12, 2015 – IAA Admits the Association Actuarielle au Togo as Associate Member
- News Release: October 28, 2015 – Prominent Financial Experts Address Delegates at IAA Meetings
- News Release: October 21, 2015 – IAA Hosts Retirement Age Seminar
- New Release: October 20, 2015 - Global Organisations Call for 'A True Data Revolution'
- News Release: October 15, 2015 - IAA publishes Exposure Drafts of two ISAPs for consultation
- News Release: October 8, 2015 – IAA Hosts Regional Seminar in Azerbaijan
- Released for Comment: Exposure Draft of Proposed ISAP 5 - Insurer Enterprise Risk Models (deadline 31 March 2016)
- Released for Comment: Exposure Draft of Proposed ISAP 1A - Governance of Models (deadline 31 March 2016)
- IAA Publishes Risk Book
- Webcast on ISAP 3 - IAS 19 Employee Benefits held on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - Webcast recording available here
- IAA Blog
- Life Colloquium in Hong Kong
» 25-27 April 2016
- Council and Committee Meetings – St. Petersburg, Russia
» 25-29 May 2016
- ASTIN Colloquium in Lisbon, Portugal
» 31 May-3 June 2016
- Joint IACA, IAAHS, PBSS and IPEBLA Colloquium in St. John's, Canada
» 27-29 June 2016
- International Congress of Actuaries in Berlin, Germany
» 4 - 8 June 2018
- International Events Calendar