- AFIR/ERMFinancial Risks and ERM
- ASTINNon-Life Insurance
- AWBActuaries Without Borders®
- IAALSLife Insurance
- PBSSPensions, Benefits and Social Security
2014 INTERNATIONALER KONGREß VON AKTUAR
Asia Sub Komitee
Last revised – 6 March 2010
- To identify needs in Asian countries to which the IAA could respond either at the individual, national or regional level, and to recommend a prioritization of those needs for the IAA response.
- With due regard to the Subsidiarity Principle (Article 8 of the Statutes – Cooperation), to liaise with the authorities, actuarial associations and actuaries of the selected countries/regions to assist in the development of the actuarial profession, actuarial education and professionalism.
- To coordinate the response of the IAA and its member associations to requests for assistance from the authorities, actuarial associations and actuaries of the Asian countries/regions.
- To ensure that the IAA committees are kept well-informed about the development of the actuarial profession and actuarial education in Asia.
- To provide a forum for interaction between actuaries having a particular interest in the development of the profession in the region.
- To work with IAA Member Associations and their corresponding committees and task forces to promote the coordination and harmonization of the contributions of each entity.
- To carry out its responsibilities in conjunction with the Advice and Assistance Committee and to prepare recommendations for consideration by the Advice and Assistance Committee.
- To facilitate the process of non-member associations in Asia becoming Full Member Association's of the IAA.
4. Decision-making authority
5. Operational Matters
Frequency of Meetings:
The Subcommittee will meet at least twice per year either in person or by teleconference. At the discretion of the Chair, there may be additional teleconference meetings.
Agendas and papers:
All meetings will have a formal agenda agreed by the Chairperson which must generally be distributed, along with required papers, at least one week before each meeting. Agendas and meeting papers are available from the Subcommittee page on the IAA website.
Minutes of each meeting will be prepared and distributed as soon as practicable after each meeting. Minutes are available from the Subcommittee page on the IAA website.
Reporting on Committee Activities:
- The Chairperson will prepare a report on the activities of the Subcommittee for inclusion in the Advice and Assistance Committee’s report to the IAA Council at least two weeks before each Council meeting.
- The Chairperson will also provide a written update report to the Advice and Assistance Committee after each semi-annual Subcommittee meeting.
- The Chairperson (or designee) will be available to participate in a discussion of the Subcommittee’s activities at each semi-annual meeting of the Advice and Assistance Committee.
The Subcommittee will liaise with other IAA Committees as required to undertake its role and activities.
This liaison role will include the IAA Fund Subcommittee, Accreditation Committee, Education Committee, and the Professionalism Committee in relation to development of the profession, education requirements, qualifications to practice and other aspects of professionalism relevant to IAA membership.
This liaison role also will include the Supranational Relations Committee in relation to interests of supranational bodies in the development and roles of the actuarial profession in the Asia region, and the Member Services Committee and the Sections in relation to creating opportunities for actuaries and others from actuarially developing countries in Asia to participate in seminars, colloquia and congresses of the IAA and its Sections.
The Subcommittee will liaise with external stakeholders as required to undertake its role and activities, subject to any requirements or processes of the IAA statutes and regulations.
Other operational matters:
The Subcommittee will share information regarding developments and initiatives in relation to its work supporting the development of the profession in the Asia region via the Subcommittee page on the IAA website.