IAA Participates in Joint Discussion Forum with ILO, ISSA and OECD in Geneva
A six-person IAA delegation participated in a joint discussion forum on social security, pensions, and labor policy issues with the International Labour Organization (ILO), the International Social Security Association (ISSA), and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) on September 30 at the ILO headquarters in Geneva. Seventeen participants from the four organizations engaged in a full day of discussions that included the following topics:
- Updates from the IAA, ILO, and ISSA;
- Measures of adequacy and issues such as the impact of pension reforms on adequacy;
- Actuarial capacity building and the Certified Actuarial Analyst qualification;
- Social security protection floor;
- Decumulation of funded pensions;
- International mortality developments and areas of interest to other supranational organizations;
- Future events; and
- Discussion on scope for further co-operation.
This forum is part of an ongoing collaboration and discussion between these organizations that has taken place over the past few years. It supports the IAA’s strategic objective to strengthen relationships with key supranational audiences and provide actuarial input to improve the soundness of decisions being made on issues with global impact. The forum also provided an opportunity to identify areas for future collaboration between the IAA and the participating organizations.
To learn more about the work of the IAA in this area, please contact the Manager of Supranational Relations and Development at the IAA Secretariat.