International Actuarial Association
Founded in 1895, and reformed in 1998 with a new constitution, the International Actuarial Association (IAA) is the worldwide association of professional actuarial associations, with a number of special interest sections for individual actuaries. The IAA exists to encourage the development of a global profession, acknowledged as technically competent and professionally reliable, which will ensure that the public interest is served. Read More ...
The actuarial profession is recognized worldwide as a major player in the decision-making process within the financial services industry, in the area of social protection and in the management of risk, contributing to the well-being of society as a whole.
The mission of the IAA, as the worldwide organization of actuarial associations, is:
to represent the actuarial profession and promote its role, reputation and recognition in the international domain; and
- to promote professionalism, develop education standards and encourage research, with the active involvement of its Member Associations and Sections, in order to address changing needs.
- News Release: April 11, 2014 – Meeting with International Monetary Fund
- Newsletter — March 2014
- Annual Report 2013
- News Release March 11, 2014 – IAA and CIA Participate in Discussions with Russian Representative
- Press Release: February 21, 2014 – New Russian law incorporates global principles for a strong actuarial profession
- Launch of New IAA Blog and Presidential Video Addresses
- London, United Kingdom
» 10-14 September 2014
- Joint IAALS & PBSS Colloquium in Oslo
» 7-10 June 2015
- ASTIN and AFIR/ERM Colloquium in Sydney, Australia
» 23-27 August 2015
- International Congress of Actuaries in Berlin, Germany
» 4 - 8 June 2018
- International Events Calendar