International Actuarial Association
Founded in 1895, and reformed in 1998 with a new constitution, the International Actuarial Association (IAA) is the worldwide association of professional actuarial associations, with a number of special interest sections for individual actuaries. The IAA exists to encourage the development of a global profession, acknowledged as technically competent and professionally reliable, which will ensure that the public interest is served. Read More ...
The actuarial profession is recognized worldwide as a major player in the decision-making process within the financial services industry, in the area of social protection and in the management of risk, contributing to the well-being of society as a whole.
The mission of the IAA, as the worldwide organization of actuarial associations, is:
to represent the actuarial profession and promote its role, reputation and recognition in the international domain; and
- to promote professionalism, develop education standards and encourage research, with the active involvement of its Member Associations and Sections, in order to address changing needs.
- Annual Report 2012
- News Release: April 17, 2013 – IAA announces Section Colloquia for the year 2013
- News Release: April 11, 2013 – IAA to develop a model International Standard on IAS 19 Employee Benefits
- Council and Committee Meetings & Presidents' Forum – The Hague, Netherlands
» 22-26 May 2013
- Joint AFIR/ERM, IAALS and PBSS Colloquium in Lyon
» 24-26 June 2013
- International Congress of Actuaries in Washington, D.C.
» 30 March - 4 April 2014